January 2010 - I Know That My Savior Loves Me

Click above to link to website to purchase poster kit

For me - the simpler, the better.
I think the idea given in the sharing time outline will work well for week 1 for our primary.  It always takes time to get the kids settled in their new classes, etc.

Since the song starts with "A long time ago..." it just sounds like a story.  I plan to do just as the outline says, and tell the story of Jesus Christ visiting and teaching the Nephite children.  I think the idea of letting the children pick an action to go with each line of the song is great...

**********

I plan on testifying to the children how I haven't ever seen Jesus, yet I know he is real.
And discussing the principle of Faith.
The 1st article of Faith (January theme) - 
We Believe in God the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ...

Propose the question:
How do we know there is a Father in Heaven or a Jesus Christ if we've never seen them?
Wait for their answers.  
Let them share their ideas.
Let them ponder the idea.
 
Share your testimony with the children, how you know Jesus is real, even though you've never SEEN him...and sing the song for them:

...The love that he felt for his little ones, I know he feels for me.  
I did not touch him or sit on his knee, 
YET, Jesus is REAL to me...
 I Know He Lives!  I will follow faithfully.  
My heart I give to Him.  I know that My Savior Loves Me.